Community Garden Rental Plots
Since 2001, Rock County UW-Extension has facilitated a community garden rental program at the Rock County Farm, Janesville. Over 120 plots are available across the 3.5+ acres. Initial tilling and water are included in the annual rental fee.
The plot rental process for the 2014 growing season will be:
- 2014 RENEWAL: Renters from the 2013 season have until December 31, 2013, to claim their plot for the 2014 growing season. If we do not receive this renewal form and payment prior to December 31 we will assume you do not intend to return for the 2014 season and your plot will be available for another to take.
- PLOT-SWAP! Beginning at 1pm, January 22, 2014, you may swap your assigned plot(s) for open plot(s) in the garden. This will be on a first-come basis.
- If you are unhappy with your 2013 plot and want a new one for 2014, we highly suggest renewing your current plot and attempt to get a better one during the swapping period. If still unhappy with the selection, we will gladly refund your rental fee.
- NEW RENTERS. Starting at 1pm, February 20, 2014, all unrented plots will become available on a first‐come basis. Payment is due with completed application. Confirmation of your location will be provided by mail. Garden plots are approximately 20’x25’. There is currently a limited supply of open plots available.
The garden is open early May (weather permitting) through October 31.
All garden plots have been reserved for the 2014 season. Please call (608) 757-5696 if you wish to put your name on the waiting list for 2014 or for the 2015 season.
Download application materials:
- 2014 Garden Rules & Regulations (PDF)
- Community Garden Rental Program (PDF)
- Contract Renewal 2014 (PDF)