Community Garden Rental Plots
Since 2001, Rock County UW-Extension has facilitated a community garden rental program at the Rock County Farm, Janesville. Over 120 plots are available across the 3.5+ acres. Initial tilling and water are included in the annual rental fee.
The plot rental process for the 2013 growing season will be:
- 2013 RENEWAL: Renters from the 2012 season have until December 31, 2012, to claim their plot for the 2013 growing season. If we do not receive this renewal form and payment prior to December 31 we will assume you do not intend to return for the 2013 season and your plot will be available for another to take.
- PLOT-SWAP! Beginning at 1pm, January 23, 2013, you may swap your assigned plot(s) for open plot(s) in the garden. This will be on a first-come basis.
- If you are unhappy with your 2012 plot and want a new one for 2013, we highly suggest renewing your current plot and attempt to get a better one during the swapping period. If still unhappy with the selection, we will gladly refund your rental fee.
- NEW RENTERS. Starting at 1pm, February 20, 2013, all unrented plots will become available on a first‐come basis. Payment is due with completed application. Confirmation of your location will be provided by mail. Garden plots are approximately 20’x25’. There is currently a limited supply of open plots available.
The garden is open early May (weather permitting) through October 31.
Submit your application today for timely consideration!
Download application materials:
- New Gardener Application (PDF)
- Current Renter Plot Renewal Form (PDF)
- 2013 Garden Rules & Regulations(PDF)