UW-Extension and eXtension Parenting and Child Care Resources
Have you signed up for your FREE Parenting Newsletter Subscriptions? The Parenting in the First, Second, and Third year series will come to you every month with information you will want to know as parents of young children!
Register for free e-mail delivery at: http://jitp.info A monthly e-mail alert links you to the newsletter specific to your child’s age.
UW-Extension and national Extension child development specialists offer several more, awesome, age-paced newsletters
- Preparing to Parent
- Parenting the Preschooler
- Parenting Your Unique Child
- Parenting Future Readers
- Family Keys: Teaching Self-Care Skills to Our Children
- Parenting Your School-age Child
- Parenting Your Teenager
eParenting: High-Tech Kids is a blog for parents and caregivers of 9- to 14- year olds that helps parents use technology to build and nurture their relationship with their tween or teen.
Parenthetical is a free open access online interactive learning community for parents of 10-16 year olds. The site contains an interactive blog, a question/answer section, a resource library and section aggregating relevant news articles. The topics are centered on typical parenting and developmental issues of interest and relevance to parents with children in this age group. You can also sign up for weekly emails containing the latest information on the site.
Other Parenting and Child Care Resources
- Reviews and provides age ratings for the best movies, books, apps, and games for kids.
- A weekly blog with research-based ideas for parents in raising children.
- Just in time Parenting is a free Extension e-newsletter for expectant parents through parents of 5 year olds.
- Research based guidelines for screen use for children under three years old.
- A free, mobile-based service for mothers to support maternal and child health.
- A directory evaluating the quality of hundreds of child development and parenting websites.
- National information on caring for children and teens.
- Wisconsin’s web resource for everything related to families and health.
- A national non-profit organization with information on how to nurture early development.
- An online resource for parenting challenges including addiction and behavioral issues