The Rock County UW-Extension FoodWIse program is funded by two federal grants:
FoodWIse operates in most Wisconsin counties through UW-Extension and provides research based education and materials.
By teaching people to:
- Purchase and prepare healthful, affordable meals and snacks.
- Learn to balance food intake and physical activity.
- Keep food safe to eat.
- Develop a spending and savings plan to become more food secure.
FoodWIse nutrition educators teach about nutrition in a variety of ways:
- Small or large one-time or multi-session groups; done at various local agency or community sites
- Mini lessons (such as at food pantries & clinics while clients are waiting for services)
- Participants receive education & materials that contain nutrition information, recipes, money saving ideas and tips.
- Programs are available in English and Spanish.
The programs are free to families and individuals within established income guidelines.This includes, but is not limited to, families and individuals who are eligible for: